Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Aunt Dena's Molasses Marble Cake

This is one of those recipes you kind of want to protect, you don't want to share, but I will because I love you. I better not see Rachael Ray makin it though, unless she has me on her show!

Light Part
1/2 cup butter
2 1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cream of tartar
4 stiffly beaten egg whites

Dark Part
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup molasses
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 cups flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
4 egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla

Mix each part separately, turn into a bundt pan and marble. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until tester comes out clean. Glaze the top and prepare to be adored!

(Oh yeah, I was nice enough to tell you what I use for spices, Aunt Dena's recipe says "spice")

No comments: